Using this guide you can easily and quickly create a great woocommerce audio store product list on your website right now. Anyone can follow along, no coding knowledge required. This is a complete step by step guide and we will only use simple tools.
Examples of woocommerce audio store product lists
Below are some examples of woocommerce audio store product tables / lists. By following this guide you can easily create such audio track lists on your site as well:
Create the basic woocommerce audio product
If you are not familiar with creating woocommerce products, please see this tutorial video.
- Create a new woocommerce product and add the song name and price.
- Optionally you can also add the song description and image thumbnail as well.
- In ‘Product data’ settings check mark ‘Virtual’ and ‘Downloadable product’ options.
- In the ‘Downloadable files’ option add the audio file customers can purchase.
Add other audio product properties
- To add other song properties like Artist, Genre, Mood, etc create global woocommerce attributes.
- For numeric properties like BPM that need to be filtered by range create new custom fields.
- Upload the audio preview file to site Media, create a new custom field in the product and add the preview file’s URL to this custom field.
Create woocommerce product table for your audio store
- Purchase, install and activate the WooCommerce Product Table PRO plugin on your site.
- Watch the basic how to use tutorial video to begin using the plugin right now.
- To help you quickly get started the plugin provides the option to start with preset tables. Create a new product table and start with a ‘Table’ type preset.
- Watch the how to modify preset tutorial video to start customizing your product table.
- Add columns to your product table to show the audio product’s properties through Attributes and Custom Field elements in the product table.
- Add the audio player button in any column of your product so visitors can use the play button to listen to the audio file. See FAQs > Other > How do I add an audio player button in my product table?
Setup product table navigation
- See the product table navigation tutorial and add filters for price and global attributes.
– Optional tips –
- For numeric fields like BPM that were stored in custom fields you can create range filters.
- You can add an automatic count for each attribute filter option in the navigation. See FAQs > Navigation > How do I dynamically hide empty filter options (adaptive filtering) that have no results? How do I show filter count?
- If you are using global attributes you can also connect filters options with the attributes in the table for easier navigation. See FAQs > Navigation > How do I link category and attribute elements with their filters so that clicking them activates their corresponding filter?
Create multiple license type options
Most audio sites provide option to purchase different license types such as regular, extended, etc. Only follow this step if you need to provide different license types.
- Create a new global attribute called License and add terms to it based on license types such as regular, extended.
- Turn your audio product into a Variable product in its Product data settings. You can read more about variable products here.
- Create variations for your product based on the License global attribute and add different prices for each license variation.
- Customers will be asked to select license type while adding product to cart. You can also add the ‘Select variation’ element to your product table to give license option dropdown inside the table itself.
– Optional steps –
Note: At this point you already have a basic audio table on your site. Rest of this guide is optional. But the following steps will further improve your audio product table thus increasing the chances of sales by giving your audio site visitors a great shopping experience!
Create favorites playlist
Popular audio shops always provide their site visitors the option to add various audio tracks to their favorites playlist. Because this greatly helps sale conversions on the site. The favorite playlist facility makes it easier for your potential customers to pick out audio tracks they like, quickly find these tracks when they return to shop in the future and buy from this favorites list at any time.
You can add the favorites playlist facility to your product table easily by following these steps:
- Purchase, install and activate the favorite products addon on your site.
- Use the step by step setup guide to create your favorites table and provide add to favorite button.
Audio footer player
Popular audio store also provide a smart footer audio player that is activated when any audio track is played on the site. While footer audio player is not part of WooCommerce Product Table PRO’s own facilities, it has integration with another 3rd party plugin that provide this facility called WavePlayer. You can see a demo of this integration here.
- Get the WavePlayer plugin, install and activate it on your site.
- Use the setup guide to add the waveplayer to your product table.