With this quick and easy guide you can create the perfect woocommerce spare parts shop today itself. Zero coding knowledge required. We will be using simple visual tools so absolutely anyone can follow along.
Examples of woocommerce auto spare parts product lists
Following are examples of product list layout for woocommerce spare parts shop. Once you have covered this guide it will be easy for you to create such product list layouts (and much more) on your woocommerce spare parts shop:
- Spare parts shop – list layout
- Spare parts shop – table layout
- Spare parts shop – large table layout
Create the basic woocommerce spare part product
If you don’t known how to create woocommerce products, please see this tutorial video which will quickly cover the topic. After that you can follow along these steps:
- Create a new woocommerce product and add the spare part name and price.
- You may also add information about that spare part in the content section of the product and image thumbnail.
Add other spare parts properties to your woocommerce product
- You may also like to add other properties to the spare parts such as length, width, maker etc. For this you can use global woocommerce attributes. And add the attribute terms to your spare parts product.
Create a woocommerce product list layout for your spare parts shop
- First, you need to purchase, install and activate the WooCommerce Product Table PRO plugin on your site. We will use this plugin to create the spare parts list.
- Now you may like to watch the quick and simple how to use tutorial video for this plugin so you can start using it right away.
- For immediate results the plugin provides you downloadable demos that you can setup on your site right away then customize them how you want. So go ahead and install a downloadable spare parts demo on your site: Demo 1, Demo 2. See FAQs > Other > How do I import the PRO version downloadable product table demos to my site?
- Then watch the how to modify preset tutorial video to start customizing your product table the way you want.
Setup product table navigation
- If you are using a downloadable demo then the navigation would already be setup for you. If you wish to modify the navigation simply watch the product table navigation tutorial. Then change the navigation filters in the ways that you want.
– Optional tips –
- You may also like to add an automatic count for each of the attribute filter options in the navigation. For this please see FAQs > Navigation > How do I dynamically hide empty filter options (adaptive filtering) that have no results? How do I show filter count?
- If you are using global woocommerce attributes in your spare parts products and you have printed these attributes in the table columns then you can also connect the filters options with the attributes in the table for easier navigation. See FAQs > Navigation > How do I link category and attribute elements with their filters so that clicking them activates their corresponding filter?
Product CSV file download option
All major online spare parts stores provide the option to download their product list in a CSV file format as well. This options is usually provided via a ‘Download CSV’ button placed above the product list.
This is a powerful facility because once your visitors download the product data in CSV file format they can open it in specialized spreadsheet software like Excel, Google Docs and many others. These software allow quick sorting, searching and filtering through the product data as well as taking print outs and sharing information if needed.
WooCommerce Product Table PRO provides this CSV download facility so you can easily set it up for your product list as well. You can also select the exact product properties that are permitted to be downloaded in CSV format making this facility excellent for online spare parts stores.
Create a favorites list facility
Popular spare parts shops and established e-commerce shops in general always provide their shoppers with the option to add different products in a ‘favorites list’. They provide this options because it is known to help increase sales on the site. This ‘favorite products’ facility makes it much easier for your shoppers to pick out and keep track of their preferred spare parts, quickly find these particular products when they return to shop in the future and buy items from their favorite list at any time.
You can easily add this favorite products facility to your product table by following these steps:
- Purchase, install and activate the simple favorite products addon on your site.
- Then use the step by step setup guide to help you create a page to show the visitor’s favorites list on your site and provide the ‘add to favorite’ button in your spare parts list.